The Government of Ireland released a statement from Ministers Ryan and Coveney about the new Solar PV System Grant for Businesses!
The highlights of the New Solar PV Grant for Businesses:
- New funding of up to €162,600 to support an even wider range of businesses to switch to solar energy!
- This will typically support 20-30% of the investment cost, reducing payback to as little as 5 years!
- New Solar PV Grant will boost business investment in renewable energy generation!
- Applications for this new Solar PV System business grant will open in mid-July 2023!
The new grants will be as follows:
- Up to 6kWp will remain unchanged up to €2,400, with an additional:
- €300/kWp for each extra kWp installed between 7kWp -20kWp;
- €200/kWp for each extra kWp installed between 21kWp- 200kWp;
- €150/kWp for each extra kWp installed between 201kWp-1000kWp.
The new Solar PV System business grant will be available to businesses through the SEAI from mid July 2023!
This would mean that installations up to 1MW could be eligible for a grant of up to €162,600. SolarCo have completed many large scale Commercial Solar PV Projects across a variety of industries, Check out some of our recent projects we completed here.
What did MREF say on this Announcement?
Micro-Renewable Energy Federation Chairman, Pat Smith, said that these new grants for business, coupled with the recent introduction of a zero rate of VAT for domestic installations of solar power, would go a long way to achieving the Ministers and the government’s ambitions for the widespread adoption of renewable power across Irish society.
Mr Smith said that the micro-generation sector has campaigned over a number of years for an easily accessible solar PV grant for businesses and today’s announcement will be widely welcomed across the sector.
SolarCo are now exclusive Commercial installers of Solar PV in throughout the island of Ireland. We have a number of large scale projects currently in progress and keep an eye on our socials for updates.
If you wish to get a no obligation free site survey from one of our experts, get in touch today on 062-74007 or email [email protected].
If you want more information on the new business grant, get in touch with us!